Sunday, January 2, 2011

100 Greatest Movies of All Time

My next list will be of the top 100 Greatest Movies of all time according to the AFI (American Film Institute.) This list was created in 2007 and after about two years I finally finished watching all 100 of them. This list is not in order of AFI's favorites, it is a list of my favorites. Also, these are not necessarily my favorite 100 movies of all time, there are some movies on here I did not enjoy, and some of my favorite movies of all time did not make the list (Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Ernest Goes to Jail, Throw Mama From the Train, Kindergarden Cop, Waterworld, Gigli, etc.)

I feel that it is important for me to mention that before I took on the task of watching all 100 of these movies, I pretty much hated watching a movie in black and white, and even the idea of thinking about watching a silent movie was laughable.

Now, some of my favorite movies of all time are in black and white, and there are many silent movies that I love. If nothing else, watching these movies has opened my mind to some of the most classic movies of all time that I would have never seen otherwise.

In summary, these are NOT what I believe to be the BEST MOVIES for all time, they are simply a list of "The Greatest Movies of All Time" (according to people that know what they are talking about) in order of how much I liked (or in a few cases disliked) them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment