Sunday, March 13, 2011

100 Favorite TV Shows of All Time!

My next countdown, as promised, will be of my 100 favorite television shows of all time. Each show is in one of the four following categories:

Comedy (53)
Reality (25)
Drama (10)
Variety / Other (12)

Some all-time favorite shows of mine, which will not be included on the countdown are:

* Game shows (Jeopardy, Double Dare, Name that Tune, etc.) Shows in which the contestants are different each episode. Fear Factor is even included in the "Game Show" Category. Fear not, there will be a released list of my favorite game shows of all time in the coming months.

* Children's cartoons. I decided not to include children's cartoons in this countdown. I did include some children's shows, I opted to leave out shows like The Smurfs, Chip N' Dales Rescue Rangers, He-Man, etc.)
Not that it even needs to be said, but there will obviously will be releasing a special countdown of my favorite children's cartoons of all time sometime in the very near future.


Comedy - By far the most represented category on the countdown. Over half of the shows are comedies. It was difficult comparing comedies from the eighties with comedies from today, as they are much different, and my humor has changed a bit since I was 8.

Drama - Yuck. I managed to scrounge up 10 dramas that are worthy of making this list. I am, however, not a huge fan of dramas at all. Don't expect to see your favorite Drama anywhere near the top 10. Just warning you all now.

Reality - Reality shows make up exactly 1/4 of the countdown. I thought it would be a little higher because it seems to be most of what I currently watch. However, I suppose there are only a few reality shows that I like a lot, the rest is simply because I am usually gambling on them and have a vested interest in the shows simply because I may win money from them.

Variety - This includes all the other shows that I love, or have loved in the past which do not fit into any particular category.

I am sure most of you have forgotten about a lot of these shows, and this will be a walk down memory lane for you. You're welcome in advance! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment